New utilities are coming soon
There are 5 new utilities that are currently cooked in the kitchen of Nirsoft, and are going to get out of the oven very soon.
So here they are, with a small description for each of them:
- IPInfoOffline: Allows you to view information about IP addresses, without connecting any external server. It uses a compressed IP addresses database that is stored inside the exe file. For each IP address, the following information is displayed: IP block range, Organization (RIPE, ARIN, APNIC, LACNIC or AFRINIC), Assigned Date, Country Name, and Country Code.
- DNSDataView: This utility is a GUI alternative to the NSLookup tool that comes with Windows operating system. It allows you to easily retrieve the DNS records (MX, NS, A, SOA) of the specified domains. You can use the default DNS server of your Internet connection, or use any other DNS server that you specify.
- SkypeLogView: This utility reads the log files created by Skype application, and displays the details of incoming/outgoing calls, chat messages, and file transfers made by the specified Skype account.
- WirelessNetConsole: Console version of WirelessNetView. It dumps all current detected wireless networks information into the standard output. For each wireless network, the following information is displayed: SSID, Signal Quality in %, PHY types, RSSI, MAC Address, Channel Frequency, and more.
- UserProfilesView: This utility displays the list of all user profiles that you currently have in your system. For each user profile, the following information is displayed: Domain\User Name, Profile Path, Last Load Time, Registry File Size, User SID, and more.
These utilities will probably be ready for the first tasting in the next Saturday (November 1, 2008), and will be served first in this blog, and then later in the entire site, including the utilities and packages sections.